Dear Prayer Partners,
1. Thank you for keeping me in prayers during the camp in Kuching. The Lord marvelously touched many of the Bidayuh students during the camp.
2. Some of them were from the previous camp last year and wanted to come again. They had shared with their friends how real and great the Lord is. Its always a great joy to see the tribal people worshipping Jesus, the Lamb of God.
3. It is most unfortunate that strong denominational pride keep many from being Christ-centered and kingdom minded. May we all respond to Jesus’ prayer, that we be brought to complete unity to let the world know that God has sent Jesus! (John 17:23)
4. After the camp, I took the opportunity to visit and pray with ex-students and preach in various churches. The Lord opened many doors to minister His word. I had the privilege to preach in a Hagar’s descendant church and see the work of the Lord among them. He is always working – and we need to align our lives to His divine movements and seasons.
5. I flew to Miri and saw and hear of God’s mighty revival work among the Ibans. For the past few years, they have been responding to the gospel in the thousands. But as usual the church is two or three generations behind time and wondering how to reach out to them.
6. The revival and salvations that we had prayed and fasted for decades ago is happening right now. We need more trained pastors, committed spiritual lay leaders, translated/written literature in Iban, finances, and much more to capitalize on the current revival.
7. Pray that the Lord of the harvest will send more laborers! It could be you! J Pray for me too as I consider what is the best way I can contribute in building up the
8. Then I flew to Kota Kinabalu,
As history shows, the church can only expect true Revival when a remnant of God's people get DESPERATE - desperate about the backslidden state of the church, desperate about the lukewarmness within them and all around them, desperate about sin and compromise, desperate about the fact that God is not GLORIFIED, that He is not truly LORD of His church, that His words are mocked and largely seen as irrelevant by a dying world. Revival will come when God's people truly humble themselves … Andrew Strom