Dear Prayer Partners,
1. TQ for your intercessions during the Christmas ministry! Jessie and Ana went with me during this trip. On Christmas eve morning, was giving Bible Study (BS) to a small group of college students.
2. Then we headed off to Community Baptist Church
3. On Christmas Day, I preached in an English evangelistic service in the same church. I believe the Lord touched many lives and trust that the Word that was sown will bear much fruit.
4. In the evening, we headed to an Orang Asli (OA) village where I would be preaching too. Due to the condition of the place and the people, I preached a very short message and prayed for the village. There was no opportunity for an altar call. But the villagers looked happy to be in the midst of the Christmas celebration.
5. Incidentally, this is the first time for Ana to enter into an OA village. She was happy to run around to see the chickens, dogs, cats, and one domesticated wild boar!
6. After that, the next few days we took the opportunity to spend some time with my family in PJ. This is more for Ana to see her KL kung kung (Chinese for grandfather) and KL poh poh (grandmother). We also caught up with some people whom we have not seen for some time and to introduce Ana.
8. Taking this opportunity to wish each of you a Trinitarian greeting!
A Father-Pleasing, Christ-Centred and Spirit-Filled New Year 2009.
May you continue to walk in obedience and maturity to the Creator-Redeemer.
9. Btw, Ana is 3 years old today! She was borned on 31st Dec 05, one month premature. She had to spend the first week of her life in the ICU ward. Today, there is no lingering effect of that whatsoever! She is a healthy, very active, and usually bossy kid!
10. God, in His infinite wisdom, knew that a child – one like Ana – would be beneficial for us in our lives. At that time, we were already married for 15 years and had planned to be child-free. We had wanted to continue serving the Lord until we pass on. But as Ps 127:3 states children are a reward and heritage from God. We praise the Lord for His goodness and pray that we be godly parents to Ana.
It is the Lord's power, presence and provisions that will sustain us in 2009. No matter what mountains or giants we encounter. When we align ourselves to Him, victory is always assured. We are not entering 2009 alone. We move forward in faith, abandoning the past, to conquer the new territories that God has entrusted to us.
Stay Zealous for the Savior!