Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Sweet Submissive Spirit?

God’s Wisdom for Daily Living

Proverbs Day 305 (KJV):

Proverbs 27:11 (KJV): My son, be wise, and make my heart glad, that I may answer him that reproacheth me.

Proverbs 27:11 (AMP): My son, be wise, and make my heart glad, that I may answer him who reproaches me (as having failed in my parental duty).

Thoughts for the Day

This verse from Proverbs is a father's charge to his son to be wise, so that there will be no charges against him, as to how he raised his son. In an hour when so many children are rising up in rebellion against their parents, this would still be the same charge to young people today. Some of the younger generation are so full of rebellion that many parents are suffering the reproach of their children's actions. One cause of rebellion in children is because the home is not in Biblical order. One of the main causes for this rebellion is an evil spiritual force of female domination. In the following verses, the divine order for families is stated:

1 Corinthians 11:3: But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Ephesians 5:22-25:
22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it.

Ephesians 6:1-4:
1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
2 Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise;
3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.
4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

The husband is the head, then the wife is second in command, with the children in obedience to them. When the woman seeks to usurp this authority and rule the home, havoc results and the home is left wide open for Satanic attack. Fathers who do not take their godly position in the home are also at fault. Children are told to honor and respect their parents, not rise up against them.

Isaiah 3:12: As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.

In our land today, children are rebellious, causing strife in the homes, and women have become bossy and demanding. It is no wonder homes are falling apart. This type of spirit in a woman is a "Jezebel spirit." Just as Jezebel ruled her husband, King Ahab, in the Bible (I Kings 21:25), many women today are guilty of the same sin. This domineering and ruling spirit is not just found in women alone, for we see it in men, too, when they use tyrannical means to rule their homes. The Lord would have our homes be examples of love, and parental authority should be exercised in love. When someone has a "Jezebel spirit," it subtly manipulates the lives of everyone around them. Should we be guilty of this domineering spirit, let us ask the Lord to deliver us and create within us a sweet submissive spirit that is pleasing to the Lord. We will then be willing to listen to our husbands, knowing that the logic God gave man is for the protection of the woman.

Of course, there are limits to submission, as it should always be "as unto the Lord." We must first submit to God, and then the problems involving submission to others will be resolved by Him. Some results that can occur when women are not in a right relationship with men are divorce, rebellious children, emotional problems and sexual problems.


Prayer for the Day

Dear Heavenly Father, Thank You for creating me as a woman. May I function in the role You created me for and give me a submissive spirit, not only toward my mate, but also toward each member in the body of Christ. Let me serve, and not expect to be served. Create within me a lamb-like spirit, even as Christ our Lord had. Give me wisdom in the role of a parent, so that my children might rise up and call me blessed. May I love my mate and my children with Your love. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus. Amen.

No comments: