Friday, November 28, 2008

Birthday!

28 Nov 2008

Dear Prayer Partners,

1. Thank you for keeping us in prayers! Pray for God’s anointing as I will be preaching on Saturday in a seek-friendly service among Japanese in Singapore. Pray that the HS will touch many hearts as I share from the Bible.

2. Then on Sunday, I will be off to Port Dickson (PD) to preach in a family church camp for 4 days. Pray for the anointing of the HS, and that many lives will be changed and be mobilized for the Kingdom of God.

2. After the PD camp, I will be flying off to Miri, Sarawak to preach in a church for the weekend. Then on Mon-Fri, I will be preaching in a separate Youth camp on the theme of Love, Dating and Sex. Pray that the HS will break many bondages among the teenage campers and empower them to live for Jesus and His purposes.

3. After that camp, I will be preaching in another Miri church over the weekend and then fly over to Kota Kinabalu (KK), Sabah to preach in another series of meetings.

4. Do pray for me as I travel to minister God’s word, especially when believers are rather consumed with worldly concerns and not with the kingdom of God. Further, I have been sensing the need to preach prophetically, especially during these uncertain times.

5. There are times that I do feel the strain of constant travelling and being away from Anastasia and Jessie. Pray that the Lord will sustain us, as we seek to serve Him as a family, and bring others into the kingdom.

6. Once back from KK, Sabah, a few days later, we will be off to Klang Valley as I am preaching in 2 evangelistic Christmas services. One Malay-language and one English service. Pray that the Lord will save many lives with the gospel and that many will turn to Him as their only Saviour. Without Jesus, our lives has no meaning or significance.

7. Pray for me as I have taken another teaching assignment in Feb and Mac 2009. Originally, I was only to be teaching the pastors and leaders on How to do Premarital Counseling (PMC) for the night classes.

8. Now they have asked me to also teach on Ezra-Nehemiah for the morning classes during the same time. Hence I am doubly busy preparing both teaching materials. And as I was typing this email, another invitation came to teach a group of pastors in Kuching, Sarawak in April. Since I can never resist Kuching laksa, I agreed!

9. Do pray for me to have the anointing of the HS so that all these teachings and preachings will strengthen the pastors, and they in turn edify their churches, who in turn will reach out to others. Pray that God will bring revival to the churches.

10. I have this sense of responsibility that I am being called and financially supported to train pastors and leaders for the kingdom’s work. I want to reinvest in the best possible way so that the investment will generate the most spiritual dividends. That’s why in recent years I keep devoting much more time in leadership training. If God permits, I hope to travel to other parts of the world, especially China, to train the pastors there.

11. Pray for Jessie too! She has been more busy than me, working hard to finance the family and ministry and taking care of Ana. Jessie is celebrating her birthday today, on the 28th Nov.

12. She has been a great wife and helpmate that the Lord has given to me to enable me to be released to do the work of the Lord. TQ for encouraging her especially during all my constant absence. She has been a great pillar of strength. If you have the time, do email her or sms her at +6591897377.


Take care! Worship Jesus! Witness of Jesus!

How terrible not to be grateful to God and give Him praise! and yet in most Christians we find people who are grumbly hateful rather than humbly grateful. Give thanks to Jesus for His never to be repeated event on Calvary.

No comments: