Thursday, January 22, 2009

Blessed Chinese New Year!

22 Jan 2009

Dear Prayer Partners,

1. Taking this opportunity to wish those who are celebrating Chinese New Year (CNY), a blessed Ox-bedient year in the Lord. May each of us respond to the Lord’s command to walk uprightly before Him and to live a blameless life (Gen 17:1).

2. As usual, I would be away preaching among tribal people who do not celebrate CNY. Pray for me as I travel to Cameron Highlands this weekend. I will be preaching in the National AOG Malay Language Youth camp. The organizers anticipate about 200 indigeneous people will attend.

3. Pray that the Lord will challenge many of them to worship and serve Him wholeheartedly, with some of them responding to full time ministry. Pray for the Lord’s anointing as I share from the life-changing Word.

4. Just before going for the camp, I will be giving follow up with college students, and preaching in several church services. Pray for God’s empowering presence as I have these back-to-back meetings.

5. The past few weeks I have been buzy preparing my teaching materials. I will be teaching pastors in Bible School in PJ during Feb and Mar, as well as teaching in Kuching in April. Continue to pray for God’s wisdom and direction, as I prepare to train these pastors.

6. In one of the previous e-prayer letter http://global-south.blogspot.com/2008/12/blessed-christmas.html, I mentioned about finding ex-students that I used to take care of in the early 1980s. This time I have reconnected with some of them through facebook.

7. If you remembered, I mentioned that we have no idea how and where God will lead them. We just sow the Word of God and trust Him to cause growth. This time this ex-student is going off to Russia with her husband and 3 kids for several years of assignment there. I only manage to reconnect with her this month, after more than 20 over years, and only to discover she is leaving end of this month. Divine timing?

8. She was asking from me church contacts, as they hope to attend church there. They are also learning the Russian language. I trust that they will be a blessing to the people there and encourage them to love Jesus. The enduring Word continues to spread (Acts 12:24) in ways that we do not know. In our eyes, it looks random – but in the divine eyes, He has a plan!

9. Continue to pray for me as I continue to sow into the lives of the existing and new people that the Lord entrust. I continue to disciple as many people as I can, believing that the Lord will touch their lives, and they in turn will touch others.

10. But it can be quite frustrating to try to mentor people, especially this generation! as they are spiritually less incline. Even as I try to avail myself to them – despite the busy ministry schedules, material preparations, doctorate studies, family – they are not responding. Pray for divine creativity and divine appointments to reach out to the new generation.

11. Thank you for your prayers, encouragement, and support, especially during this time of economic downturn. Pray that the Lord will provide lavishly, abundantly, and supernaturally.


More than anything in the world we can trust God to keep His promises. The God we serve is a faithful, covenant-keeping God like none others! Rest in Him.

No comments: