Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Fats!

11 March 2009

Dear Prayer Partners,

1. TQ for your prayers. I am leaving again to Klang Valley to teach in the Bible College there. I will be finishing the courses on Pre-marital Counseling and Ezra-Nehemiah (the 7th to 12th session, having finished the 1st to 6th session during the trip in Feb).

2. I will also be preaching in several churches during that time. Covet your prayers as I preach in different denominations (EFC, AG, Baptist, Independent). Pray that the HS will challenge them to obey and serve the Lord even during this time of economic downturn.

3. Pray for my physical health. I went for a health screening test last month and the doctors said that I was 10 kg over weight, based on my BMI. My blood pressure was above normal (170 plus! Suppose to be below 130) and in the dangerous level. And I was experiencing some chest pain for some time!

4. So now I have to watch my diet until I bring it back to normal. I have also enrolled in a weight loss management to fight/burn the stubborn fats around the vital organs. God willing, I hope to lose about 6-8 kg over the next 3 months.

4. Jessie went on this program last year and lost about 7-8 kg over a 3 months period. She is currently maintaing her ideal weight now. I will keep you posted about my battle with the bulge as a form of accountability.

5. Upon hearing about my situation, one of our goddaughters is “forcing” me to go for the threadmill test. She is going to tow me to the clinic so that we know how serious the problem is. She refused to let me wiggle out from this – so I am cornered!

6. Pray for me as after March’s teaching, I will be going to Kuching, Sarawak in April to teach and preach there. They have already lined up back to back meetings for me. Then I will have to rush back to Singapore to do part of my doctorate assignments due in mid-May.

7. Pray for me as the ministry grows and many doors of opportunities are being opened. I wished I had listened and obeyed the Lord more closely and fully. I should have developed and prepared more teaching materials in the past.

8. There are many requests to teach the pastors and churches but I am unable to accept all of them because I do not have enough time to prepare them. I trust that you will learn from my mistakes (and laziness!) – and do not miss the opportunity to bless the Body of Christ.

9. And even now I am still trying to learn Mandarin as the windows are being opened to minister to them. I believed the Lord had spoken to me 20 over years ago to learn faster so that I can preach in it. But unfortunately I have yet to do so – and thus miss the golden opportunity to strengthen that part of the Body.

10. In addition, pray that the Lord will continue to raise up more regular financial supporters. Some of our supporters are being affected with the downturn and ministry expenses have grown. But the Lord is always faithful.


“We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed and broken. We are perplexed, but we don't give up and quit. We are hunted down, but God never abandons us. We get knocked down, but we get up again and keep going” (2 Cor 4:8-9).

No comments: