Thursday, April 9, 2009

He is RISEN!

09 April 2009

Dear Prayer Partners,

1. Thank you for praying for us! We appreciate and need your prayer coverings as we serve the Lord.

2. I would be away this weekend to Klang Valley to preach in 3 evangelistic services during the Easter services (8.30am; 10.30am, 5.30pm). I preached in this church during their Christmas evangelistic service last year.

3. 1 covet your prayer support that the Lord will minister through His word as I proclaimed it and many souls will come to a saving knowledge of Jesus. Indeed we serve a wonderful Risen Savior!

4. After that, I will be back to Singapore for 2 to 3 days, then I will fly off to Kuching, Sarawak. (Going to eat at least 3 bowls of Sarawak laksa! Shhh … don’t tell my weight loss consultant!) I will be teaching in the extension seminary there for a week. Pray for me as I train these pastors who will in turn minister to their churches.

5. Before and after the week of lectures, I will be preaching in several churches and services. Pray that the Lord will touch them and bring revival into their hearts. Pray that the Lord will anoint me as I preach His life-changing Word among the tribal peoples.

6. After the back to back preachings and ministry, I will be off to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. There, I will be ministering more to individuals and their families. Pray for mercy journey as I travel and minister to the various groups.

7. I want to see God raise up more spiritual leaders who will the shake world, transform the communities that they are in, and who will actively proclaim the resurrection of Jesus to all the ethnic groups!

8. This motivation is the reason why I mentor as many people as I can and travel extensively to preach/teach in various places. If not for the urgency and magnitude of the task, I would not be so willing to sacrifice so much away time from Ana and Jessie. It is this relentless divine compelling that causes one to willingly let go of finances, fame, and future security.

9. Nevertheless, we appreciate those of you who have chosen to partner with us in our ministry through praying, giving, encouraging, caring, and thousands of ways so that we can be released to go into all the world and make disciples of all ethnic groups!

10. Without you and your constant support, it would have been much harder and difficult to serve full-time by faith. Continue to pray for us to have more regular financial supporters. Our support has somewhat been affected with the economic downturn.

11. Pray for us that we will be more strategic in our lifestyle and ministry approaches. I am anticipating even more ministries to come in the near future once I finish my doctorate studies by end 2011.

The child of God is realistic about the harshnest of the world's problems, but it is also certain of God's ultimate victory.

No comments: