Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Wanted: Intercessors

5 Nov 2009

Dear Prayer Partner,

1. TQ 4 your prayers. We do not take it for granted for we understand and realize the power of prayer – especially intercessory prayers.

2. In the last mail, I talked a bit about ministering and praying for Sabah so that they may be revived for the Lord. I had even nicknamed it R-Sabah.

3. A few days ago I received an urgent invitation to preach in a camp in Sabah. The original speaker cannot stay for the whole camp and I was invited to substitute for him. They anticipate over 1000 people to attend it, as it is a combination of 3 churches. Pray that the Lord will minister to them and revive Sabah for the glory of God.

4. It will be a pretty tight schedule for me for the next 2-3 weeks. This weekend I will be teaching for 9 hours on How to Interpret the Bible to a group of church leaders in Klang Valley. I will also be preaching for their Sunday morning service. Pray that they will fall in love with the eternal Word of God.

5. I will be back to rush 3 assignments for my Doctorate in Ministry. Then I will attend one week of lectures (Mon-Fri, 8am – 5pm) on how to handle stress and burnout in pastoring. This is my 5th module out of 7th.

6. Three days later, I will fly off for the abovementioned camp in Sabah. Pray for me as I will preach and minister in 4 services in 2 days. The next day, I will fly off to Kuching to preach in an Iban camp. This annual Iban camp would probably have 2,000 over participants. Pray for me as I preach on Laborers for the Harvest.

7. I fly back and a week later I will be preaching in an English camp in Klang Valley. One or two days, I will be off again to Sabah for 2 weeks of intensive ministry (at least 2 camps are confirmed). The first week, Jessie and Ana will be with me. Ana’s first trip to the land below the wind!

8. I share in detail so that you will keep us in prayer, as I may not have time to write. Ministry is hectic and can be stressful ~ we need all the prayers we can get!

9. Pray for Jessie as she juggles between Ana, work, her own family, ministry and an impatient hubby (me!). Without her and her complete dedication to the calling we have, it would be near impossible to do the things that God has entrusted me to do.

10. This month is her birthday and I would be away on the day itself (Nov 28). I would appreciate your prayers for her and drop a word of blessing and encouragement to her. It’s never easy to be the spouse of an itinerant speaker.

11. As I watch her sacrifice and work so hard and choose to live a simple lifestyle so that I can continue to minister to the various groups of people, I wish I can provide a better life for her. Pray for us. Pray financial breakthroughs. Pray for greater wisdom.

12. Also urgently pray for more intercessors and prayer warriors for us as there are more ministries being opened up for us. But we need more prayer covering so that it can effectively tear down the work of the enemy. Pray for the double portion of the anointing of the Holy Spirit. It is a spiritual warfare, and not based on human effort alone.

13. Pray for more advocates for us. We need more people who will speak on our behalf and raise fund for us so that we can do the work of the ministry. I know the current economic situation is quite bad, but it is during such times that God reveal Himself in a greater way. Pray for more regular supporters as expanding ministry requires more finances.

Jesus is the "Amen" because all that He says is true, sure, and valid. His promises and warnings are trustworthy, certain and will definitely come to pass. The truths that He teaches are established and unchanging. He is the Last Word, the finality of all truths.

No comments: