Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Contextualization

28 July 2009

Dear Prayer Partners,

1. Sorry for the long silence! I decided to give you guys a short break from my mails! But I am back now.

2. The past few months I was busy with my doctorate lectures and assignments. I am still currently doing it. Please pray for divine wisdom and strength to complete it. This is my 4th module out of seven and then a thesis (probably starting mid next year).

3. But the main thing that kept me busy was developing teaching notes for a new course that I would be teaching for the seminary. The main topic is contextualization, and I am shaping it to be contextualizing in a postmodern generation.

4. Every time I develop a new topic, I would be out of circulation for a couple of months as I have to sit down and study and organize and translate them! The lack of Malay-language materials is just atrocious. The church cannot mature and be strong without them. Pray for me as well as others who are involved in this area of the kingdom.

5. I would be teaching this course in mid-August at a seminary in Penang to about 40 pastors. I covet your prayers as I strive to complete the materials on time. It is a big topic in mission and requires some deeper understanding. This would help many of the pastors and evangelists to be more effective as they reach out to others in a cross-cultural context.

6. Despite my silence during the past few months, I had the opportunity to preach in my church discipling-leadership retreat. As a result of that, I hope to start a mailing list about this important and critical component in a church’s life. Pray that it will minister to people, and if you want to be on the list to receive mails regarding mentoring-leadership and such issues, let me know.

7. My traveling season is starting soon. After teaching in Penang seminary, I will be heading to Kuching, Sarawak to preach in a family camp there. Pray that the church will be revived and become true worshippers.

8. If time permits, I may visit Miri and Sabah on my way back. I was supposed to conduct some Bible study sessions for them in July, but I have not been able to find the time to do so. My apologies to all. The harvest is ripe but the laborers are few! I hope to conduct more Bible studies in the future.

9. In Sept, I will be preaching for another family camp in Cameron Highlands, with the theme on the power of the Holy Spirit. In the same month, I may be doing some ministry among indigenous people. Pray for me to be filled with the anointing of the Spirit to minister to all these different groups.

10. Pray for me in the various ministries ~ mentoring-leaders, disciple-making, camp preaching, seminary-lecturing, Bible studies, material development, counseling cases, translating resources, etc. And each of these ministries will impact different individuals and communities.

May each of us respond wholeheartedly to the Lord’s gracious love and mercy. May we continually lift up His name and glorify Him forever!


P/S: Our phone line provider upgraded our handphones. But due to some technical situations, I lost some numbers. Could u email your hp numbers to me so that I can update my phone book? TQ.

1 comment:

逍遥子Odysseus said...

http://www.aastation.net/

yu try this, got plenty mandarin, expository sermon online , very good!

from traditional, wiersby , haddon robison style's perspective...ha!

so far, I took none of them,because I focus literary style...