10 Top Secrets to a Long and Happy Marriage From Happily Married Couples
By Samuel M Stone
When you look at the statistics of divorce in the United States they really are alarming, almost half of all marriages fail in divorce. This raises a few questions such as "What is the secret to a long and happy marriage?" All marriages will have their ups and downs, but something is wrong when almost half are failing. In a recent survey of happily married couple here is the 10 most common things they said why they are successful.
1. Always make time for the two of you.
2. Remember that marriage is sometimes a bed of roses and sometimes there are thorns.
3. Never go to bed angry.
4. Remember that people do fight. It's how you do it that matters. So fight naked
5. Before starting an argument, consider if it's really worth it.
6. Marry someone that you enjoy listening and talking to.
7. For each time you vent about your husband/wife to your friends, tell three positive stories.
8. Remember that "love is like childhood. You need to learn to share."
9. Marriage is not 50/50, its two people giving 100/100 all of the time.
10. Never pass up an opportunity to say "I love you".
If you take a close look at all of these guidelines they are nothing new and won't cost you any money, however if you practise them and some of them will require a lot of practise for some of you, there is no reason why you can't have a long and happy marriage like many others in the United States and around the world. And as a bonus here is a extra guild line for 11. Be quick to say "I'm sorry".