Sunday, October 21, 2007

PL: Now to Kuching

3rd Oct 2007

Dear Prayer Partners,

1. Thank you for your prayers and partnership. I had a good time teaching the trainee pastors about Interpreting the OT for 2 weeks in KL.

2. Many of them have developed a greater appreciation of correctly interpreting the Scriptures. They learned new principles and techniques that they were not exposed to before. Pray that they will use them and become even more effective in their ministry.

3. This remains a passion in my life to help people, especially among the natives, to rightly understand the Scriptures. It is most unfortunate that we do not have enough Biblical literature and resources in the language that they are most familiar with.

4. Maybe in the future, when I have enough time, experiences, and finances, I hope to devote some time to write such materials to enable them to be better preachers of the gospel. The harvest is indeed great, we need more laborers – preferably laborers who are skilled in the Word and full of the HS.

5. During the 2nd week that I was there, Jessie, her mom and Ana came up. It was a good opportunity for family reunion, and to introduce Ana to her cousins. She was in her element, and kept giving hi-5s to everyone in sight.

6. Pray for me for the next coming weeks. I will be flying off to Miri to participate in a seminary course that I helped to initiate. This is part of my long term love affair with cross-cultural mission in East Malaysia. Pray that this will raise and equip more leaders for the Body of Christ.

7. Then I will be flying to Kuching to preach in a camp during the Hari Raya hols. Pray that the campers, most of them undergraduates, will experience life-transformations through the power of the HS and the truths of God’s word. They have asked me to share on ministry and spiritual gifts. Pray for God’s anointing to empower them to do His work.

8. Immediately after the camp, I will need to prepare for my next doctorate module. I need to read about 3000 pages. http://global-south.blogspot.com/2007/10/dmin-module-syllabus.html. Pray for more grace and more strength.


God has given us a free will. We have the right to serve Him or not. However, there is a blessing that comes with obedience and a curse that comes with disobedience. If we have any sense at all, we would believe God and take Him at His word. We would make sure we are doers of the word. One thing that always stands out in the Word of God is just how amazingly generous the Lord is with us. He is always looking for an opportunity to bless us and He always multiplies what He has already given to us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Usah risau - kalau ada bahan bacaan yang percuma, boleh kami tolong terjemahkan :)